All photography provided by Nick Lafontaine or Dan James
The James family took over an aging property in 1986 and began the long journey of making it into what it is today: Kindred Spirits. Located on six acres in the heart of Cavendish and literally next door to Anne of Green Gables, Kindred Spirits is a quiet sanctuary in the middle of Cavendish, PEI.
Welcome to the Family
Kindred Spirits is a true family business. Second generation Innkeepers Dan, Becky and their daughter Evelyn and fur-baby Gilbert (golden retriever) live on the property. You'll most likely see them during your stay.
Dan and Becky, and Dan's parents before them, consider Kindred Spirits staff and guests to be an extension of their family. Lilla, the general manager, is a long-time friend of the family. She's worked at Kindred Spirits for many, many years. She works with Dan and Becky to ensure that all of our guests and staff are taken care of.
Becky, Dan, Lilla and all of the staff at Kindred Spirits welcome you to the Kindred Spirits Family.
If you'd like to be a part of the family, even if just for a short while, you'll need somewhere to stay.
- We are approximately 1 kilometre from the sea. We are not ocean front but there is an easy path which goes directly to the beach. It is approximately a 20 minute walk along the beautiful Lake of Shining Waters.
- It is approximately 45 kilometres (~30 minutes driving) from Charlottetown.
- Children are very, very welcome.
- We are literally next-door neighbours with Green Gables House. It is just a short 3 minute walk from our property.
- Is Cavendish safe? It is. PEI is a very safe place in general.
- We serve breakfast to all guests staying in our rooms.
- Kindred Spirits has been in the James family for over 30 years.